At ASPIRA of NJ we strive to:
• Bring unity and empowerment to the community by challenging youth, parents, teachers and staff to serve
that community with respect, commitment, and high expectations.
• Produce life-long learners dedicated to consistent reflection and critical examination of their world.
• Provide all students with a clear sense of their cultural identity, a critical approach to their cultural history,
and the skills and experiences to empower them to develop a strong commitment to social change within
• Be an educational resource for our teachers, students, parents, and community, embracing the notion that it
takes a village to raise a child and that learning is a continual process requiring multi-level support.
• Develop youth equipped with 21st century skills prepared for our rapidly changing global society.
• Provide a rigorous curriculum that reflects the national and state standards in the content areas in addition
to a serve and learn approach to challenge every student’s academic and citizenship potential.
Students from Rafael Hernandez Elementary School receiving their birthday